Saturday, October 13, 2007

Animation Time, Come On!

For this week's class, I had the opportunity to create my first animated GIF. The instructions suggested we use a tool called GIMP, but I didn't feel that I had sufficient time to become familiar with a different software package. I toyed with the idea of using Photoshop or Fireworks, and ultimately decided on Fireworks. I found a great tutorial to help me get started.

I used a sprite sheet found on the ShyGuy Kingdom site. Once I found a sprite sheet that had a good sequence of events, creating the animated GIF took very little time at all in Fireworks. I selected the graphics I needed from the sprite sheet using a rectangular selection tool, copied them into frames in Fireworks, and optimized the file as an animated GIF.

I'm quite proud of the little thing, but I can't post it to show you. Apparently, Blogger.com is having problems uploading images right now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say thanks for helping out with the animated gif exercise!!!

Scott said...

No problem at all! I'm glad I was able to be of help.