Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Wiki, Schmiki!

My post title notwithstanding, we recently launched a corporate wiki and it's a good thing that we're embracing Web 2.0 tools. It has been online for not quite a month and we've been getting some good participation from our customers. However, since this is a corporate wiki being used by corporate employees, there is a great deal of concern in HR and Legal about possible inappropriate wiki postings. Ideally, a wiki is supposed to monitor itself and users would resolve inappropriate postings without having to get a moderator involved. I hope that we can get to that point, but for right now, we check the wiki several times a day to see if anything obscene or obviously against company policy has been posted. I think that once the wiki is more self-monitoring, we will see some more effective participation and get better results out of it.

We've also learned that we have to market the wiki so that people don't forget about it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Scott, Sounds like an adventure. I hope it works. Our class wiki seems to be taking a life. I'm not sure if it's a life of its own or our life but it's taking. :)

Scott said...

Hi, Cliff! I hope you had a good summer and that you're all set up over at the new digs. Thanks for reading my blog. I'll keep posting to it.

I hope you have a great Fall!

S-