Sunday, September 14, 2008

Analyze That!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist using the title of one of the Robert DeNiro/Billy Crystal films for the title of this post. :-)

The Analysis phase of this project helped me clarify what needs to be accomplished during the training session and set it all down on paper. It sounds so simple, but pre-planning is often skipped when designing training. I had to think about the learning objectives, the audience (the learners), the instructors, and all of the resources I had to work with. Of course, it isn't set in stone; the objectives may change as we start to develop the training. However, the analysis document gives me something concrete to use instead of some scribbled notes and my thoughts.

I haven't thought much about activities except for a possible scavenger hunt. The learners are grouped in pairs, and I would like them to search on specific sites to find the definitions for certain terms. We'll have about 12 learners in the class, so we can have six different groups. Once the terms are all defined, the learners can help piece everything together.

No comments: